Comprehensive Building Envelope Services
Building envelope performance is vital for the structural integrity, durability, and effective operation of any structure. NOVA’s building envelope professionals are known for their ability to recognize and troubleshoot problems with glass and glazing, roofing and waterproofing systems, and more.
Building envelope services apply to any industry market or facility type so long as there is an enclosed condition space.
NOVA offers comprehensive building envelope services, including:
- Preconstruction Consulting
- Mock-up and Jobsite Testing
- Jobsite & Fabrication Quality Assurance / Control Inspections
- Post-construction investigations
NOVA’s professionals recognize and troubleshoot problematic issues before they adversely impact budgets and schedules. We can assess, evaluate, design, and provide construction oversight or construction management for anything and everything related to existing or new building exteriors (both below and above grade).
- Develop and review the concept and preliminary design, shop drawings, and specifications
- Review wind tunnel testing and analysis of results
- Develop preliminary roofing and waterproofing design
- Prepare performance specifications and details
- Analyze alternate cladding, roofing, and waterproofing systems
- Review of bid and contract documents
- Assist with bid analysis and subcontractor selection
- Develop and/or review Operations and Maintenance Manuals
ASSESSMENT AND REMEDIAL CONSULTING
NOVA’s unbiased third-party services help identify problem areas. Our staff provides valuable recommendations for repair maintenance and budget estimates to help our clients plan and care for their facility’s new construction.
Key areas of focus include:
- Perform due diligence/pre-purchase inspections, assessments, and evaluations
- Conduct water intrusion investigations, which includes remedial repair plan development
- Assess glass and glazing, roofing, and waterproofing system failures and develop remedial repair plans
- Evaluate condition and failure of exterior wall cladding systems
- Provide concept and design development and inspections for window replacement and building re-cladding
- Provide expert witness consultant services
INSPECTIONS AND TESTING
Regular building envelope inspections and tests help property owners extend the lives of their buildings.
- Review curtain wall, window, and door mock-up shop drawings and test procedures
- Witness, oversee, and assist with preliminary and formal mock-up tests and results
- Prepare comprehensive mock-up test report
JOB SITE INSPECTION AND TESTING
- Conduct construction code compliance and forensic inspections
- Document structural integrity, weather resistance, and code compliance of installed products and systems
- Document compliance with contract documents, manufacturer instructions, and recommendations
- Prepare reports identifying deviations from approved drawings, structural calculations, and laboratory test reports
- Review and evaluate proposed remedial action and document that repairs are properly implemented